New to karate and want to start? Are you an adult or a child 6 years or older? Join our 10 week course starting 8 January in Greenwich and 11 January in Charlton and get your first belt!
What you will learn?
- Chin punch – Oi tsuki jodan
- Stomach punch – Oi tsuki chudan
- Rising block – Jodan age uke
- Stomach block – Chudan soto uke
- Front kick – Mae geri
- Basic pattern – Kihon Kata
- 3-step (Sanbon) or 5-step (Gohon) sparring (Kumite) attacking with chin punch and stomach punch
Ready to start your journey in karate? Great! Come to class in January. Email Sensei Frank to reserve your place.
£100 per person. This includes:
- 26 classes of 1 hour each: 13 in Greenwich starting 8 January, 13 in Charlton starting 11 January. So, training twice a week.
- Student karate uniform with white belt
- Training for 1 hour followed by exam with the guest examiner on June 19
- Orange belt if/when you pass in June
- That’s 27 hours of karate. That works out to be £3.70 per hour with a free uniform plus an orange belt.
- The only other cost is for a licence & insurance directly from our association body Karate Union of Great Britain. This is £25 per child / £30 per adult
How to book
Email Sensei Frank to reserve your space and then pay as follows:
- PayPal https://www.paypal.me/senshikarate Make sure the payment is marked as a “personal payment”. Otherwise PayPal will deduct commission and your payment will be short.
- Bank transfer (ask for details)
Remember, you have two classes to decide. If you decide you don’t want to do karate, then you may walk away without it costing you a penny. If you decide to stay, then you must pay by the third class.
- You must pay the full amount upfront by the third class
- No refunds
- Your one-off payment covers all classes in the Spring term. If you wish to continue training after that, you pay normal rates along with everyone else
- You must pay for a licence & insurance from our association body Karate Union of Great Britain. This is £25 per child / £30 per adult. This is not a payment to Senshi Karate and is renewable annually
- The uniform will only be made available to new students to the cub and once you’ve paid the full amount
- You must be at least 6 years old
- You don’t have to train all 27 classes: this is karate, not the army!
- If you don’t want to commit the £100 and train twice a week, that’s fine. You can still train on a pay as you go basis, £7 per class and buy the uniform separately and grade whenever we believe you’re ready
- The external examiner will assess you independently and fairly. We will teach you what you need to pass your first belt, orange. The rest is up to you. In our experience, adults pick it up quicker than children, but if you train with us twice a week over the 13 weeks, have a good attitude and are determined, you should be ready to grade to orange belt in June! Remember, money doesn’t buy you karate success: hard work does!
Full Spring 2020 term details here.