We are thrilled to host Sensei Andy Sherry, 9th Dan. It’s not every day you get the KUGB’s chief instructor at your dojo, so plan ahead!
Sensei Sherry helped form the KUGB in 1966, was Britain’s first Shotokan black belt, the first 3rd Dan and the first qualified British Shotokan International Referee. In his day, he won many competitions and now coaches the national squad. He is the chair of KUGB and holds the rank of 9th Dan, the highest grade in the KUGB.
- Training & grading: £30. Training-only: £15
- Cash on the door or PayPal in advance. No cheques.
- 6.15pm Seniors class (brown & black belts); 7.20pm All grades (seniors may train at both classes for no additional charge) followed by kyu grading
- If you’re planning to grade:
- You must train to grade. Registration for grading closes when the all grades class starts so don’t be late!
- Bring your up-to-date KUGB licence & grading book. Make sure your licence is up-to-date. No licence, no grading!
- If you’re not a Senshi student and your sensei isn’t attending, ask them for your grading card and a letter or form signed by them confirming you may grade
- Parking – plenty of parking
- Changing onsite with showers
- The bar will be open and will sell bottles of water, energy drinks, tea and coffee and crisps.
- **Note this is on a Friday evening** to accommodate Sensei’s diary
Friday 19 June 2020, 5.45pm onwards, Meridian Sports & Social Club, Charlton Park Lane, Charlton, SE7 8QS More