We are delighted to welcome back guest instructor and KUGB examiner Sensei Bob Rhodes 8th Dan to run a training course and a kyu grading for us.
Sensei Rhodes competed in and won competitions in his day and in particular was a member of the victorious British All-Styles Squad which beat Japan to win the 1975-77 World Championships in Los Angeles. He is noted for his creative applications (bunkai) which really bring kata to life. He is also an active member of the KUGB Technical Committee.
- Training & grading: £TBA. Training-only: £TBA
- Pay in advance by PayPal (don’t tick the “is this goods” box” or bank transfer. Or cash on the door. No cheques.
- 6.00pm registration for a 6.30 start. Local traffic is bad so allow extra time for your journey so you can arrive and register in time!
- All grades training starts at 6.30pm and lasts approx 1 hour, followed by the kyu grading
- If you’re planning to grade:
- You must train to grade. Registration for grading closes when the class starts so don’t be late!
- Bring your KUGB licence & grading book. Make sure your licence is up-to-date. No licence, no grading! Renew it here.
- If you’re not a Senshi student you must book ahead to ensure there is enough space. If your sensei isn’t attending, ask them for your grading card plus a letter or form signed by them confirming you may grade
- Changing facilities are rudimentary and their use is only permitted if social distancing measures are relaxed
- There is a bar downstairs which sells drinks and crisps.
Wednesday 27 January 2021, 6.00pm onwards, Meridian Sports & Social Club, Charlton Park Lane, Charlton, SE7 8QS