We’re delighted to announce that, as from Thursday 6 January 2022 we are starting a new Thursday morning class at 8am at Halstow Primary School in Greenwich. There may be some (karate-based) games but otherwise, the karate is the same as our main classes and the belts are the same. And, naturally, the instructor is insured, DBS-checked and has a first-aid certificate. **For existing Halstow parents, please note, Senshi Karate is new at the school and it is not the same instructor you had previously**
Is your child a pupil at the school? Book their place by contacting Frank by email. If you want to train alongside your child or if your child is not at Halstow, then contact Frank to ask about spaces at our regular Saturday or Wednesday classes. Here are the details:
- Years 1-6 only. Sorry, this is not available to Reception children.
- Thursdays, 8.00am 6 January – Thursday 31 March 2022. There is no class during half term, 17 February.
- The gate is locked until the school office opens at 8.30am so make sure your child is not late as otherwise they might be stranded outside the gate!
- Due to the staggered start times, we will release the children in time for their year’s registration.
- Your child must turn up at school wearing their karate uniform and then get changed ready for school afterwards. We are not able to help them change! If you prefer, they may wear their karate uniform over their own clothes.
- Please note, we run a slightly different syllabus and belt system to the previous instructor. We will assess your child against our syllabus so, if they trained at the school previously, they might need a different belt.
- Costs are as follows:
- The first class on 6 January is free. If your child drops out at this point, there will be no charge.
- £66 for the term. Then for the remaining 11 classes, it’s £66 for the whole term, payable no later than the second class. Pay as you go is not possible. Please note, payments are non-refundable. If we are unable to run a class, we will carry over credit for that class to the next term.
- £20 uniform. Your child will need a karate uniform. We can supply one for £20 with the Senshi Karate logo. If they have one already from when they used to train before, they may continue to wear this or you can source one yourself.
- £25 annual licence. As with our other students, your child will need an annual licence directly from our governing body Shotokan Nation. This is their insurance & permission to grade and attend courses. It costs £25 per year.
- £15 grading. We run belt gradings twice a year. We will put your child forward for their belt grading when they are ready. These gradings might be held at our main site in Charlton Meridian Sports Club. Gradings are normally £15 and, for those who pass, this includes their belt and certificate.
- More questions? Check our FAQ page. If you still have questions, contact Frank by email
HALSTOW | Halstow Primary School, Halstow Rd, London SE10 0LD (no parking)
— 8.00-8.40am, all grades, Halstow pupils only