We are delighted to be welcoming back Sensei John Parnell 6th Dan to run a training and grading for us. Sensei John is a friend of the club and has visited several times. He is an experienced and respected instructor, has trained with karate legends John Mullin & Richard Amos in the USA, co-founded Basingstoke Shotokan karate club and is a qualified competition judge.
The details are yet to be finalised but are likely to be as follows:
Wednesday, 2 March 2022
- 5.30pm registration. Once the register closes you’re either in or out so don’t be late! Please pay in advance to make registration quicker.
- 5.50pm Training. Please note, you must train to grade!
- 7.00pm Grading
CHARLTON | Meridian Sports & Social Club, Charlton Park Lane, Charlton, SE7 8QS (parking fee via RingGo)
Points to note:
- Training: £15. £8 discount for those who pay term upfront for Wednesdays.
- Grading: £15. This includes your belt & certificate if you’re successful.
- Please pay in advance for the training & grading so that the day runs smoothly
- Cash, PayPal or bank transfer. No cheques.
- ** Please note, this event is for Shotokan Connect members only**
- Make sure your licence with Shotokan Connect is in date. No licence, no grading!
- Parking is tight on Wednesdays as there are a variety of football users so make sure you turn up early. Don’t forget, if you use the car park you must pay for parking via RingGo.
- There are changing rooms but these have limited space.
- The bar will be open and will sell bottles of water, energy drinks, tea and coffee, crisps. And beer for those who aren’t training or driving! It is customary to pop to the bar for a lemonade or a half pint after the grading.